Re: Check the update from Microsoft.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 08:59:30AM +0800, debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:
> debian-user@aphroland.org said:
> > yes I recieved the message to, but of course I did not send it. The
> > To: header for that thing was huge, as colin pointed out it was sent
> > to the list members off list, it did not come through the debian mail
> > system.
>
> And that, for Colin Watson's benefit, is why the address I'm using for this
> email doesn't accept mail that has not gne through Debian.

You're entitled to your opinion, but in my personal opinion sticking to
that policy means you shouldn't file bug reports. I don't think
undeliverable submitter addresses on bugs are acceptable. Sorry. If you
accepted mail to the relevant nnnnn-submitter@bugs.debian.org address,
and warned readers of the bug report about this, then that would still
be irritating but might be marginally acceptable.

(Not speaking as a BTS admin, just as a maintainer who has been *very*
irritated by Disappearing Submitter Syndrome in the past.)