Re: stupid problem with Apache

Ignacio Mas Ivars said:
> Hi all:
>

> all the files... and i would like to do things right... So where in
> /etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf do I have to touch to make the php3
> extension recognized as php code?!?

try

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

or

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3

(not sure which is proper, maybe both are ok, there should be an
existing Addtype for .php already)

be sure to restart apache after changing this.

> Umm, i have another second question that has been bugging me for some time
> now... My server is secure... so I have it in port 443... but it turns out
> that part of my family is in Spain using ADSL to connect and Telefónica
> (the operator there) has installed some funny web-caches that make it
> absolutely impossible to connect to an https server... Is there a simple
> way to configure Apache so that it listens to http and to https queries
> and then enables the encryption only in the later case?

on my systems I just install apache, and use apache-ssl for SSL-only and
apache for non-ssl. But you can configure apache-ssl to not use SSL,
tell it to Listen on port 80, (Listen 80). Set up a virtual host which has
the option "SSLDisable" in it(I think..).

nate