Re: users question

Didier Caamano wrote:

> How can I block a user to his home directory? so he can have access to his
> home directory but no other directory on the system.

A typical user account won't have write access to anything outside its
home directory, unless you have world-writeable directories somewhere.
So you don't really have to worry about an ordinary user changing your
system behind your back.

You could set up a chroot jail in a user's home directory. Then the user
won't even be able to see files outside of the jail. You can read about
how to set up chroot jails here:

  http://tjw.org/chroot-login-HOWTO/

Craig