Re: xv (graphics package)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 Jerry_Bash@spectral-sys.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to recall that the xv package (graphics viewer / editor) by John
> Bradley was formerly included in an earlier distribution (potato, maybe?).
> It doesn't seem to be in the current distributions.   Does anyone know if
> it is available any longer as a debian package?  Maybe I'm not looking in
> the right place.
>
> Thanks
> Jerry

>                      Jerry Bash

I have been using debian since potato and it was not available there nor
is it in the current stable release. I think it is due to the license
(partly not free, what ever). So it is not in the official release. Maybe
there is somewhere a debian package, I don't know. If you need only the
viewing function, there are several other programs (xli as a very basic
one).

Burkhard