Re: How do I get the install disks to recognize my network?

ronin2@bellatlantic.net wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:35:41 -0500
John Fisher <johnkfisher@mac.com> wrote:

Once again, a million thanks for all your help. Despite my continuing
inability to install, everyone's help is really quite appreciated, and
is truly making me feel I've made the right choice in distros to
attempt.

Are you entering "bf24" at the very first ("boot:") prompt?

Kevin

Just to tack on to Kevin's question/suggestion...

An old problem that used to produce the same symptoms was having the BIOS set to use PnP. This "should not" be a problem with the 2.4.XX kernels, but it wouldn't hurt to go into the BIOS and poke around for a "PnP" setting. The various BIOS manufacturers have cleverly disguised this so there is no standard, but if you see a setting about either "Microsoft OS" or "PnP OS" set it to "No" or "off". I have some MBs here that absolutely will NOT recognize my RTL8139 - based NICs until I do this. I get the same sort of messages....

Good Luck!

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-