Re: Making PDF document in KWord

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:06:47AM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Hi There:
>
> When I want to make a PDF document with KWord (Using print menu), KWord is
> able to make a pdf file, but the result is crappy, many words are not in
> their original position, and all in all, it is unreadable. However, making
> PostScript files works fine, but anyway, windoze users can't view PS files.
>
> Is there any reason why the resulted PDF files are like this? Any way I can
> repair this?
>
> BTW, I am using KOffice 1.2.1, on KDE 3.1.0 RC 5

I don't use KWord, but I have some experience creating PDF documents
using TeX.  You can create a PS document with TeX and then convert it
to PDF using 'ps2pdf'; the result is usually poor.  Perhaps KWord is
merely creating a PS document and then converting it using 'ps2pdf'?

BTW, using 'texi2pdf' to create a PDF using TeX works really well for
me thus far.  I don't create really advanced PDFs with hyperlinks and
all the extras, I just create PDFs so windows people feel useful.

  Good judgement comes from experience.
  Experience comes from bad judgement.
          -- Unattributed