Re: No "File -> Save" in gimp

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 12:57, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> Regarding people's replies of "how does GIMP know which image you want to
> save ?", ask the same question to gedit or any other
> multiple-document-interface gtk/gnome app. Logically, it saves the one
> you're looking at.

Wrong.

Example 1: gedit

You have multiple documents open. Pressing the Save button saves the
currently active document.  This depends on MDI mode, I use Tabbed so it
saves the displayed document, in windowed mode it will save the active
sub-window's document.

Example 2: GIMP

You have multiple images open. You can say that the "current" image is
the currently focused window.  You move over to the mythical File ->
Save menu entry on the toolbox, but this focuses the toolbox window. The
"current" image is now undefined, as the current window is not an image.
Is it is previously focused window? I use point to focus so several
images might have been focused on my route to the toolbox.

> So, hitting CRTL+S works... but how does GIMP know which image to save now
> ?? Does using a keyboard shortcut invoke some different logic inside of
> GIMP that gives it the ability to suddenly know which image you want saved
> ?? Let's be consistent.

Control-S saves the currently focused image -- GIMP is perfectly
consistent.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com