Re: [OT] exim with multiple interfaces

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 06:53:33PM +0000, cirrus wrote:

| I'm trying to make exim listen on multiple interfaces.
| I am running exim as a daemon and I want it to listen on two of my 5
| interfaces.
| I tried:
| local_interfaces = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"
| local_interfaces = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

| in the first one when I do a /etc/init.d/exim restart I get:
| Restarting MTA: 2003-03-17 18:50:37 Malformed IP address "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
| yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy" in local_interfaces

That's right, the quotes cause the punctuation to be read as part of
the address.  Obviously spaces and commas are not a part of any valid
address.

| local_interfaces = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" "yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

This one is missing the separator between the items.

| and also putting them in a different line:
| local_interfaces = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
| local_interfaces = "yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"
[...]
| 2003-03-17 18:51:32 Exim configuration error
|   "local_interfaces" option set for the second time in line 187

You can't do that -- the option is a list of interfaces, so include
all the interfaces you want in the setting.  Don't declare it twice.

| Anyone know anything about it?

First of all, the default is to bind to all interfaces.  If that's
what you want, don't specify the option at all.  Second, read the exim
spec on host lists.  It's all about how you textually formated the data.

For a quick hint, use ';' as the item separator and don't quote things
that shouldn't be quoted.

HTH,
-D

--
A wise servant will rule over a disgraceful son,
and will share the inheritance as one of the brothers.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/