RE: MySQL 4

I do not know the answer to your question.

However, I was googling about similar things and stumbled across a developer
thread, the gist of which suggested that it would not be any time soon.

One point made, was that there are sill bugs being found in 3.23, and
another was that DB developers are a very conservative bunch.

Matt