Re: MySQL 4

Andrew Pritchard said:
> With the recent release of MySQL 4, I was wondering when (if ever) Debian
> was going to be incorporating it into at least the 'testing' tree (let
> alone the stable tree).

it won't make it into stable until at least the next stable tree is
released as a new version(e.g. 3.1 , not 3.0r2). I haven't seen any
mention of release dates or even what version number the next stable
release will be. But likely it is at least a full year away if past
upgrades are any indication(I've been using debian since '98)

as for unstable/testing, not sure. looks like mysql 4.0.8 is in
experimental.

perhaps contacting the author of that package and asking? That'd
be my best suggestion. The email address is in this file:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mysql-dfsg/mysql-dfsg_4.0.8.gamma-1.dsc

nate