Re: DVD/CDRW drives support

Nick Lidakis wrote:
Matěj Hausenblas wrote:

Hello List,
I would like to know, if in general nowadays the DVD/CDRW drives on laptops are supported by cdrecord and if getting them to work is the same as getting a standard drive to work on a desktop PC. (I mean ide-scsi emulation, or even better true scsi).

Thanks
Matej

Most laptop combo drives (i.e. DVD-Rom/CD-R/W) are ide devices, selecting scsi emulation in the the kernel config (or loading the modules) is usually all that is needed to get this working. My Thinkpad X23 with a attached media slice and combo dvd-rom cr-r/w works fine.

Nick Lidakis

My CD-RW is either completely unsupported, or running hdd (my cd-rw) = ide-scsi didn't work.

--
http://mc-luug.homelinux.org
MC-LUUG Home Page