using diff command

I must be really stupid, so forgive me, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the diff command. I've read the man pages and looked at some stuff on the internet, but I can't get it to do what I want it to do. But then maybe it doesn't do what I want it to do.

Basically, the issue is this, I have 2 files: File1 File2

Both are text files. File1 was File2 a day ago. Since then File2 has had additional information tagged on to it (it's a log file). All I want to see is what information has been added since yesterday. So, I would think that "diff File2 File1" should provide me with that information. But all I ever get is a message that the files differ. I have tried with various arguments, but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Curtis