Re: Why use COPS?

Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> writes:

> A preliminary attempt to set up CUPS was rather demanding and I'm
> wondering if there is much point on a single-user system.

I found it easier to use on my system than other systems.  If you
want to be able to drop in PPD files for various printers to use
printer-specific features, or have lots of printers you might be
talking to, it is worth the effort, especially if they're all
postscript printers.

If you just have single printer and you're just spewing text at it
with an occasional PS document, especially if it's an inkjet not
supported out of the box by CUPS, it's probably not worth it.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Looking for a developer in St. Louis? http://web.springies.com/~ats/