Re: USB printer: no such device

Thank you guys for your hints. Now I found out why it's not working:

I have to load uhci.

Reason:

I had recompiled the kernel and the new uhci modules was called uhci
instead of usb-uhci (because it's the alt one). So, there is a diffence between
the compiled version and the kernel source config file at Debian.

Debian enters usb-uhci in /etc/modules (which cannot be found) and uhci is
not loaded.

I have two other usb jacks which needs ohci. I forgot about them and
thought the entries I saw (e.g. in /proc/bus/usb/devices) are the ones I
plugged my printer to.

It would have worked if I have put the usb cable to the other usb jacks.

And it works if I load uhci.

Thanks for helping me!

Regards,
Florian.