Re: SOLVED: Xserver fails after upgrading to testing/unstable

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:36:16 +0100
"Willem-Jan Meijer" <meyer3@chello.nl> wrote:

> But I still don't have 3d acceleration, now I want to replace the
> geforce 2 with a card that supports Debian. What is a good card?

I have a geforce2, I have acceleration, and I'm running Debian.

If you want to change it, OK. But you don't really need to.

Did you edit XF86Config-4 as specified in the docs?

You may also need to add to the Device section (right after the Driver
"nvidia" line is a good place):

Option "nvAGP"  "1"

That option has four possible values. 0 means no acceleration, 1 means
use NVIDIA's acceleration, 2 means use the kernel's AGP, and 3 means
choose automatically.

Kevin