tightvnc java security

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to securely connect to the X server on
my machine (the host machine) using a web browser.

Tightvnc with java is very promising since I don't need any special
software as the applet downloads from the host machine upon access
through the browser.

I don't know much about how java works, and i am trying to determine if
the tightvnc applet is using a secure connection when it connects to
port 59xx on the host. On the host machine I run apache-ssl only, so
this ensures that all communication between the host machine and the web
browser is reasonably secure as long as the https port is being used.

What are the security implications in this arrangement?

Thanks,
Andy