Re: GIF driver for Gimp ?

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 17:31, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Check your /etc/apt/sources.list to make sure that it says something
> > like
> >
> > deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian <yourdist> main contrib non-free
> > 						      ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > the non-free part has to be there for you to be able to download this
> > package.
> >

> > HTH,
> <snip>
>
> Doh.
>
> Is it possible to have both non-free and free listed? Would I have to
> have multiple entries for each source?

just add non-free to the end of your source line. This way, you will
have non free packages added to your package db. I just gave
ftp.debian.org as an example.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com