Re: Problem with FireWire

p escribió:

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 01:19:46PM +0100, Emilio Murcia wrote:
Hi!

I've got a little problem with the IEEE1394 support on my computer, a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop...

when I plug my shiny iPod (which works really good under f*cking windows) to the computer, the laptop suddenly hangs.

[snip]

//

_if_ the ipod is already connected during boot, does the box hang?

//

No, it doesn't... but when the sbp2 module is loaded, there is no effect on the iPod (I mean, it turns off as if it was not connected).

However, and don't ask me why... now the iPod works!!!! I simply rmmoded raw1394, and now it is fine. I think this module should not change a thing, but...

Thanks for the help :-)