Re: looking for configuration management tools

martin f krafft wrote:
> I administer some 20 servers and it's a pain to keep something
> like the various postfix configurations up to par. What I'd love to
> do is use CVS, but it stores no permission/user information. There's
> cvs-conf, but it's not documented and thus crap.

As opposed to pointing to a particular tool, let me point you toward a
methodology.  This is _the_ paper on the subject.  Give it a read and
then start looking at tools.

  http://www.infrastructures.org/papers/bootstrap/bootstrap.html

Check out the infrastructures archives for past discussions.  Posting
a note there would probably find a useful and well informed
discussion.

  http://mailman.terraluna.org/pipermail/infrastructures/

Bob