Promise/ataraid and 3.0r1

Hello,

I've searched all the archives etc. and can't find anything on this.

I'm trying to install 3.0r1 with the bf24 kernel.  I have a system with the
Promise FastTrack RAID controller.  I've found the magic string to add
(ide2=0x(a),0x(b+2) ide3=0x(c),0x(d+2) and that works great during the
install.  However, after I'm all done with the install and go to boot, it
can't find the root file system.

I've tried to add the same string as a boot parm and that did not work
either.

What am I missing?

Frank