Re: List of base-system debs

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:10:17 -0500
Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org> wrote:

> 'grep-available -FPriority required -s Package' and/or
> 'grep-available -FPriority standard -s Package'.  Standard priority
> packages are installed if dselect is run, even if you don't select
> anything, required priority packages are always installed.

This too is interesting, thank you.

I realized I had some spare hard drive space, so I did it the hard way.
I installed Woodyr1. I did not run tasksel, I did not run dselect. I did
not pass Go, and did not collect $100. :)

When I could log in I did the dpkg --get-selections thing, and it
reported 106 packages.

When I did as you suggested, I got 40 required packages and 81 standard
packages.

I ran out of fingers and toes, but something doesn't add up. Do you know
what it is?

Kevin