Re: mutt and reply_to not working

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [20030314 13:18 PST]:
> I have reply_to set to ask-yes in my muttrc. However, when I receive
> a message with a Reply-To header set, and I reply to it with 'r',
> I am not prompted and the From address is used. If I set reply_to to
> yes, the From address is still used.
>
> What can be causing this? Google was unhelpful.

Is the message "from" you in the mutt sense?  (check your alternates
pattern).  If so, and reply_self is unset (which it is by default) mutt
will assume you want to reply to the recipients, not the sender (or the
reply-to header in this case), because the sender is you.  This
short-circuits any reply-to checking and just sends to the original
recipients.

I know you said that it's using the From address, which isn't precisely
what would happen in the case I described above, but it's the only
thing I could think of.  I thought maybe you were conducting a test in
which the from and to addresses are both "you" (in the alternates
sense), so maybe misinterpreting the "to" address as the "from" address
when mutt does its no_reply_self thing.

good times,
Vineet
--