Re: Mozilla - snapshot

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 14:12, Tom wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While wasting my time on some stupid HTML-page, I today saw Mozilla
> 1.2.1-10 (sid) crash time and again on, ehm, that very page. So I'd
> say it is a bug, since the page is correct syntactically (if that's
> an English word).
>
> However, I think I should try it with some snapshot version before
> filing the bug, which is where my question comes in. Is it okay to
> install the snapshot that is available in sid while having 1.2.1
> around too? Can they be installed next to each other, just by
> apt-getting them? Or will I face some fun problems by doing so?
>
> 'apt-cache show' doesn't mention any possible conflicts, but I want
> to make sure before I do install it... A nice side effect would be
> the ability to install the Nautipolis theme :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom

Absolutely! That's why the package is called mozilla-snapshot. :) I'm
running Galeon 1.2 and Galeon 1.3 (galeon-snapshot). Currently I'm only
using 1.3 since the 1.2 package is temporarily broken, but they've been
coexisting peacefully on my system for months now. The same is true of
mozilla and mozilla-snapshot. Good luck. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837