SOLVED: Mac Eudora and SSL (was: OT: Eudora/Mac 5.x users needed)

> If you use Eudora/Mac 5.x and would be willing to do me a small favour
> (i.e. helping me figure out how to connect to IMAP or POP3 via SSL
> with my courier installation), please contact me privately. I'll owe
> you a favour!

Thanks to Barry deFreese who didn't give up on Qualcomm:

Double click this url (and then click the "Set Setting" button):

<x-eudora-setting:32457=768>

Now SSL will work on Alternate port for both POP and IMAP on your
server.

[...]

Unfortunately, I (the Qualcomm dude) cannot explain WHY this works.
I'll have to let the developers figure that one out.

To get back to the current (5.2) behavior:
  <x-eudora-setting:32457=769>

`. `'`

Keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc