using white noise for cryptography

a friend of mine implanted this thought that won't let me loose no
more. white noise (i.e. data from a random microphone) seems to be
a good source of entropy. thus i am wondering whether that can be
used as the basis for all the crypto going on on a system with
such a mic attached. so i have a couple of questions:

  1. is there already a package that enables this?

  2. is there a way to inject bytes into the entropy pool of the
     linux kernel?

  3. how can i read the data from the microphone? it's being
     amplified by my soundcard, but cat'ing /dev/dsp gives nothing
     really (well, the same byte repeatadly).

if the answers are no,yes,yes, then it would be possible (i
speculate) to write a daemon that does nothing more but copy bytes
from the microphone and inject them into the entropy pool. i'd love
to do that.

`. `'`

Keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc