Re: Mozilla stops accepting typed input

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:40:51 -0800
"Martin J. Hillyer" <mhillyer@marincounty.net> wrote:

> I'm having an irritating problem with Mozilla.  After what appears to
> be a random length of time (often very short, eg, after one entry), it
> stops accepting typing in, for example, the address box, or in a
> google text input area.  I have to kill that instance and start
> another to get it to accept typed input.  Clicking on links still
> works normally.  Does anyone have any ideas?

<details about system>

> Thanks for any ideas...
> --
> Martin Hillyer

I've had a problem that sounds like what you're describing since
Netscape 4.x. When it stops letting me input text in a field or I get to
a field that it won't accept input for, it seems that a mix or
combination of minimizing and then bringing back up the application or
simply changing tabs and then coming back seems to fix the problem and I
can keep going (no reload of the page required or anything like that).

In Galeon, input fields sometimes behave strangely and double-clicking
in the entry field or highlighting some of the text after clicking in
the field seems to help, in strange combinations with the above
mentioned suggestions.

I figured I was in the minority with the problem though and was hoping
future releases would fix the problem.

HTH,
Jacob

P.S. Mozilla and Galeon versions are the latest from Woody.

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/