Re: Debian Boot Process

You state it calls init.  Where is init  /usr/bin /usr/sbin.  is init a
program.  Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: Debian Boot Process

Kris said:

> Well I need this in a debian format.  So first lilo directs to which
> kernel then what where and how is it loaded next.  Does it load the
> modueles before init or after.  Where does init load from.

as far as I know the kernel mounts the root filesystem readonly(this
is specified in the bootloader config), and calls init. init then
takes it from there, running the scripts in

then the scripts in whatever runlevel is default for your system,
usually  /etc/rc2.d

in the order that they appear in the directories.