Re: KDE vs. Gnome

Ross Burton wrote:
On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 15:26, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

Gnome:
Interface isn't so friendly. 4 virtual desktops which aren't as easy to manage or configure. Task bar featues are lacking. Too many buttons (both the task bar and another app bar on the desktop).

Excuse me?

I have 6 virtual desktops in GNOME 2.  Define "features are lacking",
and the default panels (task bars) have two menu entries, and only ~2
launchers.  I don't see that as being "too many".

I suggest you install both, try both, and see what you think.

Ross

I have tried both. I actually started out my Linux exp on RH6.2 with GNOME and KDE (and occassionaly still log into Gnome just for the hell of it). Even with Gnome2, I find KDE to be the best of the two DE's.

I find KDE much easier to use.