Re: KDE vs. Gnome

Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> KDE:
> Friendly interface. Multiple virtual desktops (which are easy to use and
> configure).

Correct only in parts. How do you configure Ctrl-Rightarrow for "Cycle through Workspaces clockwise" and Ctrl-Leftarrow for "counterclockwise"? All I got it to is "The one I previously used" for rightarrow and "The one of those I did not previously use with the smallest number" for leftarrow... Confused.

> Gnome:
> Interface isn't so friendly. 4 virtual desktops which aren't as easy to
> manage or configure. Task bar featues are lacking. Too many buttons
> (both the task bar and another app bar on the desktop).
Does not look as grown-up as KDE. If you don't use KDE's Keramic style...

> GTK is the one good thing to come from Gnome IMO.
IIRC GTK was there before Gnome. It's not the Gnome ToolKit, but the Gimp ToolKit.

joerg