Re: Installing freefonts, where is /usr/X11/lib/fonts in debian ?

surely "serif" and "sans serif" are about the limit of what you want for web-work?

or are you talking about fonts for images?

dave selby wrote:
I am trying to install freefonts, according to the README I untar it in /usr/X11/lib/fonts.

There is not one in debian ! it goes as far as lib. Any idea where the correwsponding lib is in debian ?

Second query. I will be doing some commercial work for a web page, I have been advised that I cannot use Sharefonts, they have licences attatched, can I use freefonts ? and also can I use True Type ?

Any help greatfully appreciated
Dave