RE: X-over cables [was Direct cable connection]

It will work but it won't be "certified" for 100Mbit... :-)

> On a side note, newer Macintoshes will autosense the need to
> internally
> create a crossover connection on their ethernet ports, and will
> autonegotiate which end does it when you connect two Macs.
> Really cool!

Yeah but who wants a Smash-n-toss??  ;-)

> Kent

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell