Re: testing migration

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:27:03 +0000
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:41:52AM -0600, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
> > Jim McCloskey wrote:
> > | I expected to see all sorts of messages here about difficulties with
> > | testing after the migration of glibc 2.3.1-14.
> > |
> > | Hardly anything, though.
> > |
> > | I've been holding back from the upgrade till things settle down.
> > |
> > | Are there any brave souls who went ahead and upgraded and have the
> > | time to do a quick report of how it went?

I've upgraded, and only noticed two things.

1) My xinetd.conf file was overwritten without asking me, which I don't
feel is right, and
2) I currently have a small, but very odd, video effect that might of
course not be due to the upgrade.  In Sylpheed and in Gimp there are a
couple of small panes at the bottom right hand corner of the main window
(in Gimp I mean the window that contains the loaded image). In both, the
extreme right pane is taken up with a button, but the one just to the left
is either normally blank or maybe contains some information (I don't
remember).  However, in both cases it is now filled with what I can only
describe as "noise", which changes each time the window is created. I
have a vague recollection if seeing something like this a couple of years
ago, with Mandrake, but it eventually disappeared when I upgraded again.
It's probably peculiar to my system.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber