Re: Setting Static IP Address

The file you want is /etc/network/interfaces.  For example:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.75
        netmask 255.255.255.0