Re: zsh auto completion

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [20030311 15:04 PST]:
> also sprach Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net> [2003.03.11.2051 +0100]:
> > For a druid-style initialization, type 'compinstall'.
>
> yeah, i remember. that one scared me off the last time!
>
> > autoload -U compinit
> > compinit
>
> cool, that was wicked easy! had i known...
>
> compinstall totally scares me. i hate UIs. isn't there a file listing
> the defaults which i can copy and modify?

Well, I believe that if you go with the defaults, you'll just have this:

# The following lines were added by compinstall

zstyle :compinstall filename '/home/vineet/.zshrc'

autoload -U compinit
compinit
# End of lines added by compinstall

(that includes the two comment lines and everything in between.)

So I guess you're already there =)

Here's my very basic config, in case it helps:

# The following lines were added by compinstall

zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete
zstyle ':completion:*' max-errors 0
zstyle :compinstall filename '/home/vineet/.zshrc'

autoload -U compinit
compinit
# End of lines added by compinstall

good times,