Re: woody base system

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:22:11PM +0000, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> so then, how do i install a minimal system to a dir for a
> diskless terminal to use?

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-preparing.en.html#s-linux-upgrade
That part of the isntall guide should be exactly what you need, minus
the boot loader and such. (Though, I have no doubt you'll be able to
figure it out on your own :-))

Short version:
You should (and I say should because I never really bothered to see how
it's really done) use debootstrap to install (this is, I think, what
you were looking for in the first place, no?):
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/base-images-current/basedebs.tar

--
Regards,
Birzan George Cristian