Re: Onboard rtl8139 works in 2.2 kernel but not in 2.4 kernel, please help

Hi

I also have a rtl8139 card. It works perfectly well for me. I compiled
kernel 2.4.18 from unstable(which i am running) with support for the
rtl8139 card. Had no problems with getting the 8139too driver probed.
Worked first time around.

I am to a certain degree a newbee, but are you sure the subnet masks
combined with your ip is correct? Do you use a DHCP server? Can you ping
yourself via localhost(127.0.0.1) and your own ip(ex. 146.232.189.5)?
What is the output of ping? Output in dmesg relating to your card?

Regards
Tinus