[possibly OT] change in behavior of terminal windows after upgrade to GNOME 2.2

Hi,

Specifically, this regards "window blanking" in "full screen" curses
apps (like man(1), less(1) & vi(1), but not more(1)).

When I was running GNOME 1.4 from sarge, the "screen" would not blank
when I exited these type of apps; i.e., the last remaining bit of the
app would still be on the "screen".  This was a good and helpful thing.

This happens in gnome-terminal, xterm & rxvt.

Now in current GNOME 2.2 out of sid, that which was on the "screen"
*before* the "full-screen" app was run is put back on the "screen".

Is there some option to "flip" to go back to the GNOME 1.4 way of doing
things, or should I enter a bug?

TIA
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.            |
| Guess which is more effective...                              |