Re: Howto NFS shared writable space

Hei!

Ühel ilusal päeval [10-03-2003 13:31] kirjutas Rémi Letot:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a shared disk space with NFS. Till then, no
> problem. But I want that people belonging to a specific group can
> write to it, and modify every file in it.
>
> So I made the exported directory belong to the group, put the sticky
> bit on it, so every file created in it belongs to the group. No
> problem. But the permissions on newly created files are g+r, and I
> need g+rw so that everyone belonging to the group can manipulate those
> files without problem.
>
> Is there a way to set this up? I have searched a lot, and can't find a
> way. I can't believe that such a simple setup is not doable.

I had same problem as you had. My solution was to run a script
from crontab to periodically chmod and chown those files.

Example:

#!/bin/bash

chown -R fileowner:sharedgroup /shared/dir/*
chmod -R g+w /shared/dir/*
chmod -R o-w /shared/dir/*

Greetings,
Juhan