From: Massimiliano Ferrero [mailto:m.ferrero@midhgard.it]
Sent: 10. Mrz 03 14:48
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: PHP4 and OpenSSL

Hallam, John wrote:
> I'm having problems getting OpenSSL and PHP4 working (always get a "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: openssl_xxxxxx()...) and I am wondering if there is a Debian Package missing in my installation (or is there a PHP.INI setting missing/wrong). I used the Debian Package manager to install things on my Debian Linux machine. I have Apache 1.3.27, OpenSSL 0.9.7 and PHP4 4.2.3-11 installed.

Exactly what are you trying to do?
We have php pages protected by sll with no problems.
No modules installed, except libapache-mod-sll

In /etc/php4/apache/php.ini there is a line regarding sll
but is commented:

;extension=php_openssl.dll

Are you trying to call any php function that is ssl related?

It's a php or an apache problem? Does apache + sll work with standard
html pages.

In /etc/apache/httpd.conf do you have (uncommented):

LoadModule ssl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_ssl.so

Best regards
Massimiliano

--

Massimiliano Ferrero