Re: Control of outbound traffic

Hi,

I've always used IPtables "accounting" and MRTG there are probably better ways of doing this. IPtables will show you the packets and bytes in number form, MRTG will give you a 5min averege shown in a nice graph of whats going on from devices (ie switches, routers etc etc).

   - Regards -

            Organ Grinder

Lukas Ruf wrote:

Dear all,

I make heavily use of iptables for filtering.  Nonetheless, I would
like to have a better overview of what is going in and mostly out of
my server in terms of IP traffic.

Does anyone know of better suited tools than iptables?

Thanks for any hints!

wbr,
Lukas