Re: apt-* notify for new packages ?

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 04:50, Konstantin Kostadinov wrote:
> Hi
> Is anyone knows is there are some scripts,binary that can notify for new
> packages.
>
> Now I'm use apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade -u -d crontab entry but it is
> not very useful

Recently, I asked a question regarding how to know which distro (stable,
testing, unstable) each of my packages comes from.

The answer to that (package apt-show-versions) plus grep is the answer
to your question.

After you install apt-show-versions:
# apt-get update
# apt-show-versions |grep upgradeable|sort

Very big "Thank You!!!" to whoever wrote that utility...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.            |
| Guess which is more effective...                              |