Apg gone mad?

Uhm, I used dselect to set a package on hold. And then I got the below
error, which I definitely do not want to do. How do I tell apt/dselect
to ?Look, I want to keep the packages I have on here, update your
database to be in sync with real-life please??  (Debian / Testing)

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  adduser aide apache apache-common apache-ssl apt apt-utils aptitude at
backup2l base-config base-files base-passwd bash bc biff
  bin86 bind9-host binutils bison bsdmainutils bsdutils console-common
console-data console-tools console-tools-libs coreutils
  courier-authdaemon courier-base courier-imap courier-imap-ssl
courier-pop courier-pop-ssl courier-ssl cpio cpp cpp-2.95 cpp-3.0
  cramfsprogs cron dash dc debconf dhcp-client diff dnsutils dpkg
dpkg-dev dselect e2fsprogs ed exim fdutils fetchmail
  fetchmail-common file fileutils findutils finger flex ftp g++ g++-2.95
gawk gcc gcc-2.95 gcc-3.0 gdb gettext gettext-base gnupg
  grep groff-base gzip hdparm horde hostname iamerican ibritish ifupdown
imagemagick imp info initrd-tools ipchains ipmasqadm
  iproute iptables iptraf ispell iswedish jhead kernel-image-2.4.20-686
klogd less libapache-mod-fastcgi libbz2 libbz2-1.0
  libc-client2001 libc6-dev libcap1 libcdb-file-perl libcgi-fast-perl
libconfig-inifiles-perl libconvert-asn1-perl
  libcrypt-ciphersaber-perl libdb2 libdb2-dev libdb2-util libdb3
libdb4.0 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libdigest-md5-perl libdns5
  libdps1 libexpat1 libfcgi-perl libgcc1 libgd2 libgdbmg1 libglib1.2
libgmp3 libgmp3-dev libgpmg1 libhtml-parser-perl
  libhtml-tagset-perl libhtml-tree-perl libident libio-stringy-perl
libisc4 libjpeg-progs liblcms libldap2 liblockfile1 liblwres1
  libmagick5 libmailtools-perl libmd5-perl libmime-base64-perl
libmime-perl libmm11 libmsgcat-perl libmysqlclient10
  libmysqlclient10-dev libncurses5 libncurses5-dev libnet-ldap-perl
libnet-perl libnet-smtp-server-perl libnetpbm9 libnetpbm9-dev
  libnewt0 libnss-db libpam-modules libpam0g libpcap0 libpcre3
libperl5.6 libpgsql2 libpopt0 libreadline4 libsablot0 libsasl7
  libsigc++0 libsnmp4.2 libssl-dev libssl0.9.6 libstdc++2.10-dev
libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 libstdc++2.8 libstdc++3 libtiff3g
  libtimedate-perl libunix-syslog-perl liburi-perl libwmf0.2-2 libwrap0
libwww-perl libxml2 lilo localeconf locales login
  logrotate lsof lynx m4 mailx make makedev man-db mawk mbr mc mc-common
mhonarc mlock modconf modutils mount mpack mtools
  mtr-tiny mutt mysql-client mysql-server nano ncftp ncurses-bin
net-tools netbase netkit-inetd netkit-ping netpbm nvi openssl
  passwd patch pciutils perl perl-base perl-modules perl-suid php3
php3-imap php3-ldap php3-mysql pidentd ppp pppconfig pppoe
  pppoeconf procmail procps proftpd-common proftpd-mysql psmisc python
python-newt python2.1 rcs rdate reportbug sed setserial
  sharutils shellutils slang1 spamassassin spamc ssh strace sympa
sysklogd syslinux sysvinit tar tasksel tcpd tcsh telnet texinfo
  textutils time unzip util-linux util-linux-locales vacation wget
whiptail whois
  php4-pear-log
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  apt libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (due to apt) base-files base-passwd (due to
base-files) bash libncurses5 (due to bash) bsdutils
  coreutils diff dpkg dselect (due to dpkg) e2fsprogs findutils grep
gzip hostname login libpam-modules (due to login) libpam0g
  (due to login) mount ncurses-bin perl-base sed sysvinit util-linux
(due to sysvinit) tar slang1 (due to util-linux)
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 272 to remove and 0  not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/9752B of archives. After unpacking 277MB will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
 ?]