Re: Sound Card Configuration

What card is this?
Is it a non-pnp 8-bit soundblaster?  Looks like it might
be, considering its an ISA.
Believe it or not I actually tried one of these throw-backs
out recently and got it to work well with the alsa drivers
(well is relative considering its only 8-bit).

If the ioport/dma/irq are set already, you don't need to
configure it with pnp.  Just use the alsa driver (compile
it if you have a custom kernel), and pass these as
parameters to the modules when loaded.  I remember trying
the OSS modules and they made that chirping sound you are
talking about.

-jackp