VNC and font server

I've added some fonts to my machine recently, but it appears VNC can't find them.

I've confirmed that my XF86Config-4 file includes the font server ("unix/:7100") as an entry in the font path, but when I start VNC, it has a different font path. Consequently, some applications have dotted boxes instead of printed characters.

I've tried adding the font server to the font path for VNC, but that still doesn't work; complains it "could not open default font 'fixed'".

Any ideas?

--
Bobman