Re: Only Modem Is Detected

Hugh Saunders wrote:
On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 04:58:39PM -0600, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

I have a modem and a NIC. The modem is a PCI WinModem (forget brand atm), the NIC is a LinkSys Fast Ethernet 10/100 Network Anywhere, model number NC100U. I know it works as I was able to use it under RedHat. I cannot for the life me figure out what packages to install (other then dhcp, which is installed and running) to try and connect to the net via my router (also a LinkSys product).

the wisdom of the archives says
ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c

Thank you.

works fine with the above linksys nic. Before you try that i would try
#modprobe tulip

#modprobe tulip
Linux Tulip driver version 0.9.15-pre9 (Nove 6, 2001)
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:09.0
eth0: ADMteck Comet rev 17 at 0x6000, 00:04:5A:00:06:A7, IRQ 10.

and see if the tulip driver for your currently running kernel works.

I'll say yes.

google is good!

Thanks. Now I have a place to start. :)

hugh

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

http://www.hsv-hotspots.com/
Your hotspot for Wireless in HSV, AL