Re: kde fonts & stuff ...

Bob Paige wrote:

Dave Selby wrote:

I have bought a 15" TFT. I love it, its great. However while experimenting I changed some fonts for kde via the conroll centre, look & feel, fonts.

This resulted in some huge fonts especially in xterm !
I selected "use defaults" and apply, the fonts are now listed as mainly helvetica 12, however although they have changed back in the controll center they have not changed back in kde. I have re-booted the system,
I am also having a strange problem with fonts.

I recently installed some packages that installed some fonts, and now several X applications display only boxes instead of characters! Following an earlier thread on fonts, I tried reconfiguring defoma, to no avail.

A clarification: fonts work fine in KDE (v2.2) for a directly-connection monitor, but not under vncserver. The vncserver is launching the same desktop (KDE) and same user, but the fonts are messed up.

--
Bobman