Re: Debian cannot recognize NIC (was Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2003 #814)

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 05:11:08PM -0800, CM Miller wrote:
> Ok, I think I got the right right driver, no how do I
> set a static ip address?  I've tried a few things, but
> nothing has worked.

When I first setup my 3c905b, I had to initially use manually use
ifconfig.  I think what I entered was:

  # ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0 address 192.168.0.90 up

After bringing up the interface I then setup a route from my system to
the gateway.

Something I found with my 3c509 (different card) was that I had to get
it out of PnP mode before I could use it, but after getting it out of
PnP and changing its interrupt so it wouldn't conflict with another
device, it worked.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com