Re: iptables + dhcp_client

Tom Allison wrote:

I can't seem to find anywhere that this is specifically mentioned, but...

If I have a script of iptables rules... (/etc/network/if-up.d/)
And I'm running as a dhcp_client...

How do I know when my dhcp assigned IP address has changed and re-run the iptable rules script?

install dhcp3, it has the features you want, and the new IP can be used in a script through dhcp3.

And to add another level of complexity to the matter, I have one machine that runs a pcmcia network card as well. I wasn't sure if this was somehow built into the Debian infrastructure so I thought I should ask.

Err... and that machine should do what exactly? You want to make the card work? Install the kernel pcmcia package, and pcmcia tools like cardmgr etc.

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net