Re: Help with wireless

Thanks everyone... it worked!!!

Apart of some nasty messages as the ones shown below, my WLAN is now up and running smoothly!!

I played with iwconfig and /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts, got the "manfid" number... and learnt about schemes and all that :-)

Gracias amigos!!

------

The error messages are something like:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: Tx timeout! Resetting card.
eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)
eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01CF)
eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01BB)

Sebastian Henschel escribió:

hi there..

Received at 2003-03-05 / 23:51 by Jord Swart:
Which pretty much comes down to doing an:

apt-get install wireless-tools

especially take a look into "iwconfig".

But the reading on Jeans site is also very important. First thing you really need to find out is what chipset is on your card. tuxmobile.org might help as well here.

now for the real reason for this mail: it is http://tuxmobil.org. :)

cheers,
sebastian