Re: Unistalling Gnome, Wmaker, KDE and re-installing KDE

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 17:54, D. wrote:

> --- Didier Caamano <blood_omen_666@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone, could anybody give me some direction
> > to how can I uninstall
> > wmaker, Gnome and kde?
> >
> > I accidentally remove Konqueror and most of KDE
> > libraries while I was
> > installing wine. I have tried several times to run
> > apt-get install kde,
> > everything goes well, but when I issue startx it
> > goes straight to Gnome,
> > but, it show me a green background full of lines.
> >
> > I issue apt-get remove gnome, and everything goes
> > well, and when I do an
> > startx again it goes to gnome. How can I get rid of
> > every single package
> > related to gnome, and wmaker, and kde that is on the
> > system? I have tried
> > apt-get -p remove gnome and the other 2, but
> > nothing, just an error telling
> > me that -p is an unrecognized argument, or something
> > like that.
> >
> > Can anybody please guide me in this journey? Any
> > hint will be appreciated.
> >
> > Have a nice day,
> > Didier.
> >
> I believe what you want to do is dpkg--purge gnome kde
> wmaker

This works with apt as well

apt-get remove --purge gnome kde wmaker

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: (0131) 558 9990
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com